We’re already talking school photos? Where did the time go? I swear, it was a few days ago when school was letting out and we had the whole summer ahead of us. It’s flown by so fast. Can you believe we’re now a few short weeks away from the first day of school? With all the new school year preparations, it’s easy to get lost in all the commotion. One thing you won’t want to forget is to document the momentous occasion of your child switching from one grade to the next. Here are a few of my favorite moments and tips for taking back to school photos that rock. Let’s check them out.
- Staged – We’ve all seen the adorable pics of infants as they level up each month. You can do the same thing as your kids go up a grade level, too. Grab a cute little chalk board they can hold onto and write their new grade on it. Another option is to take the photo in whatever manner you’re looking for. Then, use an app or online program afterward like Canva to write the grade level, or date on it. You can make it look super cute with a variety of fonts and options for unique back to school photos.
- Constants – As your child gets older, sometimes it’s nice to see the gradual changes in a big way. Take photos of your children in front or near something you know will be a constant every year. Perhaps it’s a painting in your entry way, or the sign in front of the school. Whatever it is, pick it and stick with it. Photograph them in the same spot every year for a quick way to compare.
- Meet the Teacher – This is a cute photo opportunity. Take a photo of your little one meeting their new teacher for the first time. Not only will you be able to look back fondly regarding the new year, but will have a documentation of their teacher, too. When their school career is all said and done, you’ll be glad you did. It’s nice to look back and have photos of the men and women who impacted your child’s education.
- Gearing Up to Go – Whether your kids walk to school or ride the bus, it provides a great moment to break out the camera. Get those flashing lights of the bus arriving in, or as they climb the big steps. Snap a photo of them as they walk down the sidewalk with their backpacks on and lunchbox in hand. There’s something magical about the first day fog, or the early morning light. You definitely don’t want to miss this one.
Friends Together – For older kiddos, back to school is a time to be reunited with friends they haven’t had the chance to see. If you walk your kids to school, or drop them off – round up the whole crew and get snap happy. In the years to come, your kids will love looking back at “how little they were” and remember the friends they may have lost touch with.
Back to School Mini-Sessions (Limited Time Only) – $150
For those of you who struggle with taking photos during this time of year, I have a new offering to help out. Get professional portraits for your kids during the first few weeks of school with my Back to School Mini-Sessions. Check out the details:
- When: Between August 22 and August 31st
- Who: Children as they head back to school
- What: Fun, 20-minute sessions evening sessions taken individually or with siblings
- You’ll Receive:
- 7-10 images uploaded to your own private online gallery
- A Skype ordering session with me to guide you
- 2 gift prints
- A Facebook Timeline Cover
- Facebook-ready images to post online
- Get an additional 10% off on any ala carte print purchases from the mini-session.
**Cannot be combined with other packages or offerings.